Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Moving on

Well I have been out re fencing my fields and getting just three horses set up. Zipper will be leaving at the end of October to go live with his old family. I'm hoping that she will take better care of him if he is closer but I be able to check up on him every month by email. I'm will have him up to date on everything and a few extra pounds on him.

Figi has moved on just fine, she looked for Doobie a few times that day but is having fun with Asia. I'm sure the next time she sees a pinto she will call for it. I have started putting a blanket on the Fig at night it has been cold and I don't want her to get real hairy. I has a nice ride on her the other night. We have been working at the mounting block. She is kind of a bitch when you get on. I have been working for months to get her to nicely walk up and stand. The other night she was doing great I was up and down several times and she was great. I thought to myself what is she going to do if I just get on, buck, take off? So up and over I went and what did she do? Stood still!! I was very tense and so she was too but we walked up to Shanni and Asia. Shanni said we could play follow the leader but Asia is a very slow walker so Figi lead the way and Shanni talked me through some breathing exercises. I road for about five minutes and got off and went back to the mounting block and she was still good so I stopped. I'm excited to ride again and feel this is a great start for the two of us.

Well I'm off to go feed breakfast. We got some bad beet pulp the other day. It was not bad as in spoiled but bad as it had molasses in it. Figi liked it but no one else ate it. I had to take it back yesterday and go to a different feed store and get some more. The horses were still not sure it was safe to eat.

No comments: