Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Adventures in hay

So in order to save some money I went to a local farm and got some grass hay at $4.50 a bale!! I went with Cecil (my boss ) and his son in law (a New Yorker). We took Cecil's truck and my dads car trailer. We got 56 bales on the trailer and 21 in the truck. When we pulled out of the farm the trailer was making a squeaking noise but Rob thought it was just the axle and would be fine. We got going down the road and I look out the window and see smoking tires we pull over and decide to go just a little way down the road the the gas station very slowly. We leave Rob and the trailer of hay and run home and unload the truck and pick up my truck and go back and get the some of the hay off the trailer and headed home. Thank goodness we found hay in Poulsbo (45 minutes away) and not Chehalis (2 hours away). Anyway we made it home we have 21 bales for the horses and I'm hoping to go back after payday for some more (With out the trailer) and best of all the horses like it!

2 comments:

LatigoLiz said...

Don’t forget to get it tested! :)

Brenda said...

if I had more i would but with 4 horses it will be gone in no time. But at least I know how to the the cool hay hook trick!