Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Beginnig for me and Figi

Last night my friend that I ride with brought out one of her friends that I have met several times. She is a parelli person and a student of Chucks Krafts. She was so nice to came out to the barn and watched us normal people ride our dressage horses. I have been struggling with my horse. I have been trying to do what everyone wants and thinks I should be doing with her not what I want and more importantly what my horse wants. I love the parelli stuff but I feel so dumb when I’m doing it only because it is new to me and I’m not very coordinated with the stick and rope and horse! Anyway Karen watched me ride my horse she seen my fear she saw my problem she offered my help. She gave me great words of advice and comfort. We worked on all kinds of things had huge break through. She then said lets take off all this crap (dressage bridle with flash and my martingale) and let’s ride in the rope halter. I was sure she was trying to kill my so she could have my horse! She then told me she only wanted to take on tiny step out side my comfort zone and if that meant just sitting on her that was fine. She also put the lounge line on so she could help me. We went to the mounting block and worked on getting her to stand nicely I got my foot in the stirrup a few times we worked on a few things. I never did get on she was just not in the right frame of mind. She left me with lots of tasks to work on. I feel so rejuvenated to continue on my parelli journey. I’m going back to the barn to PLAY with my horse tonight I’m going to bring home all my dressage things clean them and put them away for a while. Anyway thanks for letting my share I’m sure I will share a few more times!


~Brenda

No comments: